Monday, February 9, 2009

Love is all around you.

Wow, a week without the internet! I didn't plan it that way, but that's how things turned out. Shelly and I stayed in a nice place in the mountains this past week where we had no cell coverage, and no internet. And this is what I dreamed on Friday night...

Waves are in the air. Everywhere. Penetrating everything--you, me. Radio talk and music humming right through us. Wireless internet, cell phone calls and text messages are flying by us (and through us) nearly everywhere and all the time. Except here, and in other places like this. Places where all is quiet.

After the dream, I woke, feeling a need to pray...to express love to the Mighty One. And the Mighty One spoke back. Comfort--signals enhanced by the silence--moved through the night around me and into me. As certainly as any cell signal, Love permeated all.

Next day, my wife and I were hiking in the mountains, filtering water out of a rushing stream and listening to the wind in the old-growth forest. No cell or internet signals there. Occasional stops to breathe deeply, hold hands and gaze at the soaring peeks above. The atmosphere was full: Packed full with signals of love and goodwill and joy.

Be still and know that I am God.

It is good to be home again (with all the signals blasting silently past). Yet I want to remain aware of the Presence. And I want to nurture an awareness that welcomes the Saturation.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be. World without end. Amen

No comments: