Sunday, January 11, 2009

Runaway Pastor: Remembering why...

This morning I was reminiscing about why I wrote this book, and why this blog was started. I discovered an early entry from about three and a half months ago. I'm linking it here. I don't want, nor do I want you to forget the pain behind the novel. Please pray for those caring pastors who find themselves running after a CEO train--on a journey for which they never bought a ticket. Here is the link: SECRETS.

Remember the runaways. Current statistics are saying that between 1,000 and 1,500 pastors are leaving ministry each month. As a follower on this blog, I consider you someone who cares for these hurting men and women. (Signing up is not nearly as tough as you are thinking.)

And from the looks of things, you are spreading by word of mouth the news about The Runaway Pastor. Thanks for giving your reading friends the link to this blog, and reading the first seven chapters and the four published sections of the Parable of the Gym. Hopefully someday soon, you'll be able to pick up the complete novel at your local bookstore.

Grace and peace to you.

1 comment:

Zee said...

wow... but if between 1,000 and 1,500 pastors leave each month, how many pastors are out there in total? wow... the number's like a splash of cold water in the face.

started reading Peretti's The Present Darkness and found myself comparing Hank Busche with Trent subconsciously... heh... Trent, Trent...