Sunday, July 26, 2009

BREAKERS and RUNAWAY PASTOR Update

Well it has been a while since I've added anything to the novel. I did do a bit of writing last week, with some very interesting implications for the overall story, but I haven't moved it into the computer. (I wrote it by hand.) The new writing will be placed within the first nine, already completed chapters. So, the new writing is not a new chapter, but fills in some blanks for the overall story. It also adds a new wrinkle to the plot. I'm hoping you will enjoy it.

Also, I am trying to read the entire manuscript again, including old stuff which you haven't seen yet...unless you are my friend that typed my 7 year old sloppy notes. Once I'm able to do that, I feel I'll be able to move into new territory again. When I wrote The Runaway Pastor, I did it over the course of a few weeks, and the story flowed out of my mind, and into the word processor. But BREAKERS is an eight or nine year old work in progress, and I don't want for it to feel inorganic or disconnected. Thus, the delay.

This summer has been very busy. If you don't know me, I'm fortunate to have a full time job that keeps me more than full time busy. So this writing has to either be an overflow from my work, or written when I can justify an hour away from work. It will come along.

I should hear soon about the next stage of The Runaway Pastor. It is possible that I will need to put quite a lot of time here at the blog in advertising that book. If so, and if you have been a follower of that book, I'd appreciate you helping me get the word out when that time comes. It will be exciting, and advertising budgets could be limited. Your help will be treasured.

Here's to a great week ahead.

2 comments:

Mark said...

I'll help get it out without question my friend.

Jamie said...

I'm in! :)